Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Korker's Guide Boot (KGB) Guide Review


Hey all my fellow fly fishing addicts this is Cody Hale from The Drift Fly Shop. I would like to talk to you about the K.G.B.   I know what you’re thinking…. What does the KGB have to do with fly fishing?  Well let me help you out.  The K.G.B. is the new wading boot from Korkers.  “The Korker Guide Boot” also known as the K.G.B. is not related to any underground government agencies or associated with drinking vodka (unless you want it too!), but it is an awesome boot.

I had the fortune of trying a pair of KGBs this winter. Let me start by saying Korkers did a great job with this boot. For all of you out there that know me understand that I have always been a Korkers fan.  Honestly I would have a hard time wearing anything else. I hope the Simms fans don’t corner me on the river and dish out some river beat down due to this statement, but it's true.  I love me some Korkers.  Having tried many of their products I am always ready to try their newest and The KGB did not disappoint. First off despite the heavy construction the boots are light weight and very comfortable.  They also appears very durable, but only time will tell.  The boot features Korkers new rubber sole that is way more aggressive and offers better stability than their older models.  My general opinion about rubber soles of any kind is they can be tricky at times but this one really handles the river better than I could have hoped for.  Another great thing is if you already own a pair of Korkers the soles you have lying around will also fit this boot as long as they are the newer sole design and the same size boot. Each pair comes with two soles, one studded and one non-studed. The studded version offers the best traction I've ever had on the variety of terrain. The KGBs are taller than most other boots for those of you that like a little extra ankle support. They have a roomy toe box and can take a thick warm sock and your toes can still move freely.

So from someone who demands a lot from his gear, I recommend giving the KGB serious consideration the next time you're in the market for new wading boots. As always tight lines and look before you fish you'll never know what you might see.

Your friend Cody  
 
 
 
Here is the Video put out by Korkers about the K.G.B
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment